Jan 15, 2008

A little about me...

In July I started at my current job as a Search Engine Coordinator. I interviewed for the job after researching the industry on Wikipedia, but I knew relatively nothing at all. In school, I believe the section on internet marketing went something like this: this is a website, this is a banner, and pop ups are bad.

After six months, I guess I would consider myself well enough involved, and the proof is in the pudding:



Google Adwords Professional

SHAZAM! Yeah, that's right ... After knowing next to nothing, I can proudly say that I am one of the few, the proud - certified search engine marketing professionals.

One other purpose of this blog, besides recounting my tale of trying to live in New York City without becoming a jaded "New Yorker" is to get my name out there. Although I am not looking for another job, I realized how ridiculous it is that as a search engine optimizer, I had not yet search engine optimized myself.

When looking under my name "Jeanne Bright" or "Jeanne Kathryn Bright" (that right there should help me out, right Googs?), the results were dismal. So over the course of the next few weeks, I hope to get to the top position in Google for my name, maybe rep my hood on Google images ... you know, standard search engine optimization.

Don't worry, I will keep all of you dedicated readers (Hi, Mom!) in the loop as to how it's going.

No comments: